aqua fortis

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blow Up the Outside...

Today officially marks Day One of my temporary entry into Steroidville, which is a small subdivision in the Pill City in which I seem to currently reside. I'm seriously taking four different prescription antihistamines now (the doctor added one today) and am also starting a short, weirdly compressed 6-day course of Prednisone.

I don't like living in Pill City, but if I end up without hives at the end of it and can move back out into normal, birth-control-pills-only land, I will consider it worth the trip. Even if I end up gaining five or seven VERY-hard-to-lose pounds like the last time I took a course of Prednisone. Last time I had to double my weekly exercise to about 45 minutes a day, six days a week to even start losing any of the extra weight. Right now I'm at about four days a week for 45 minutes, so hopefully that will help.

1 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Well, your house will get really really clean, at least, although it'll probably get that way at around 2 in the morning, your cat and husband will be frightened, and you're more likely to have people take away any coffee mugs you might be carrying. Good luck, and if you need help ... well, I know that it probably won't do any good to simply offer, so I'll say that you do have friends who'd be willing to help, but you have ignored their oh-so-gracious offers. (feel the insert-ethnic-mother-here guilt yet?)