aqua fortis

Friday, January 14, 2005

Busy Busy Busy

My failure to blog is appalling. Sincere apologies (to all three of you who read this...). In case you were wondering what pressing engagements could have swiped my attention, here's a list of some of the things I've been doing this week:

  • I've been helping prepare for my sister-in-law's baby shower, which is tomorrow. I made her a special gift which I will not describe here in the unlikely event that she's one of the three people reading this.
  • I've been looking, as ever, for part-time writing-related work. Art-related work would be acceptable as well. Neither seems forthcoming, though I submitted a few resumes in response to ads which looked promising. (Modesto Bee update: still being snubbed. Must try somewhere else.)
  • As though my list of People Who Are Currently Snubbing Me (see below) isn't growing quickly enough, I prepared two novel proposal packages and sent them today to Bloomsbury Children's Books and Boyds Mills Press. Let's hope at least one of those places does not get added to the list.
  • Speaking of those proposals, I spent an inordinate amount of time meticulously crafting a synopsis--my novel reduced to four ultra-condensed pages sucked dry of nearly all life. Whee!
  • I also read two books I got for Christmas. That was fun. I'd tell you about them if I could get this dang sidebar blog to work. And somewhere in there I watched X-Men 2. (Mmmm...Wolverine....)
  • Plus chores, cooking, eating, exercising--the usual sorts of things that tend to fill up free time.

So, there you have it. A list of excuses disguised as a blog entry. Stay tuned for more highlights of Super Geekdom.

0 comments: