aqua fortis

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Blacklisted

I think I can now safely add Blogger Forum to the list of Folks Who Are Currently Snubbing Me. This is not a huge list--yet--but it also includes a couple of web design forums, the Modesto Bee and Glimmer Train Press. The latter seems hell-bent on rejecting me time and again for any of their short story contests, while the Bee simply refuses to respond to any of my communications, solicited or not.

Was it something I said? Did I inadvertently include some uncouth code phrase that is the printed equivalent of farting in public? Maybe it's this blog. They found the blog and know what kind of person I am, the kind of person who is clearly incapable of writing for a family-friendly newspaper or respected literary journal, the kind of person who doesn't deserve to put additional mini-blogs in the sidebar, even if they were going to contain cool things like haiku and a "now reading" list. That must be it. Back to the wine; I know when it's time to give up for the day.

0 comments: