aqua fortis

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

#1 in the Hood, G

So we've developed a possibly unhealthy fascination with the Cartoon Network Adult Swim show Aqua Teen Hunger Force (a show which, as the official Adult Swim site points out, has little if anything to do with water, teens, or even a Hunger Force).

More specifically, for a show featuring an animated milkshake, box of fries, and wad of meat (appropriately named "Meatwad"), we (being Rob and I) noticed that it has a hell of a kick-ass theme song. The credits indicated that it was by Schoolly D, so off I went on a web search--we weren't entirely sure about some of the lyrics, namely the last line about Meatwad. We thought it sounded like the rapper was saying "ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a 'tard," which would be highly politically incorrect but, bearing in mind Meatwad's personality, not inaccurate.

Fortunately, we found out that the phrase in question is "I'm a Taurus," freeing us from feeling any liberal guilt at enjoying such an obviously insensitive song lyric. Click here for the full song lyrics and mp3s of the theme song. For an amusing interview with the show's creators, click here.

0 comments: