aqua fortis

Friday, November 17, 2006

Strange Occurrences

Tonight I half-watched an episode of Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy, a prime example of why reality shows are just so wrong, yet so right. Only now I feel kind of dirty and icky. On the other hand, I very much appreciate everybody in my family now, foibles and all.

I had some really weird dreams this morning. I remembered two of them vividly enough to write them down:

Dream #1. I was online and somehow found a blog kept by Sid Vicious of Sex Pistols fame. There was a music video of him with his new band on there. I decided to leave a comment on his blog, but having done so, I wondered what the hell I'd been thinking, since he would now be able to visit my blog, which was clearly lame and inferior.

There are a few things glaringly wrong with this scenario:

  • Sid Vicious is dead. Very dead. For many years now, thereby escaping washed-up-stardom.
  • Even if Sid Vicious were not dead, chances are he would probably not keep a blog.
  • Even if he were alive and had a blog, why he would he bother to visit the blog of every person who left him a comment?
  • My blog clearly rocks. Just kidding.

Dream #2. I was with a group of people in a train waiting room somewhere in China, waiting for a train to take us from one part of China to another. However, I could not manage to round up my luggage or various pairs of shoes. To add insult to injury, once I'd rounded up as much of my stuff as possible, the train was pulling out of the station and I had to jump on while it was moving. Fortunately for me, the train was moving extremely slowly and looked like a hayride vehicle, with many white wooden-railed carts strung together along the track. The train was traveling past a boardwalk of shops on either side.

That one's just weird. I can understand the China part, because an acquaintance asked me this week about traveling in China because she was planning a trip there. But the luggage and the shoes? And the hayride train? Baffling.

1 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Do you think Sid Vicious could read? Just wondering.

That show's one which constantly prompts a double-take, 'cause you're used to seeing "trading spaces," but something ticks over in your brain as you flip past it which says, "hey, that can't be right!" Never turned it on, personally ... 'cause there're some things ("sex in the city?") which are just too wrong.