aqua fortis

Monday, July 11, 2005

Forget the Do-Rag...

I found something even more painfully trendoid to add to your wardrobe. This guy who sits at the same table in Rob's Color & Design class had a tattoo magazine with him, because he's designing a tattoo for a friend, and inside this magazine was a most fascinating advertisement. This ad was for sunglasses which attach directly to your eyebrow piercings. (Note goofy drawings if you click on the preceding pdf.)

Of course, the ad we saw had an actual color photograph of said glasses, over which we oohed, ahed, and ugh-ed. I theorized that these would primarily be for fashion purposes. If you actually tried to, say, go jogging in these things, well...I'll just leave that to your imagination. I found the mental image both highly amusing and slightly disturbing.

2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Yeah, you could jog in them... but eeew. And I always thought the whole nosering-to-ear chain thing was hardcore.

Sarah Stevenson said...

Not just hardcore, but very Star Trek to boot.

I almost posted a link to those ouchie glasses. Now that's just funky.