aqua fortis

Monday, July 25, 2005

Back, but not Back in Black.

No AC/DC for you.

Anyway, I just got back into town from Ohio, and boy, is my brain tired. After making valiant attempts to hold coherent conversations in Welsh all week, I seem to be incapable of doing much more than sleeping and sitting on the couch. This could also be because, the last two nights of the conference, I spent just as much time drinking beer as sleeping. Of course, I was drinking really, really slowly.

Anyway, it was a fun time. Beer is very cheap in rural Ohio. (Can you believe $1.50 for bottled domestic and $2.50 for bottled imported? And Killian's counts as domestic! Yeah!) Plus, I found out what will be keeping me busy all next year. That's right; guess whose bright idea it was to try to organize a California course?

Hopefully the weather won't be anything like what it's been this week, which, judging from today, has been hot as hell. I have to say, though, 105-degree-weather and all, I'm glad to be back.

2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Ooh, can I come to your conference? I can make up a multisyllabic name made up of mostly consonants...

Sarah Stevenson said...

Hey, if you have a hankering to learn a language that few other people know, come on down!

As for the apparent long strings of consonants, w and y are both vowels in Welsh--so it's not as scary as it looks...