aqua fortis

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Jeffrey Zeldman is God

So I've been trying desperately to get a proper handle on CSS so that I can a) finish redesigning my own website and b) design and properly put together a website I'm being paid to design.

In the process, I've discovered an awesome book, Designing with Web Standards--which, although it's a teensy bit technical for someone like me who is very low on the pyramid of geekdom, is just really well written and a major eye-opener in terms of the technology being used and coming into use on the web. Its author, Jeffrey Zeldman, is funny and intelligent and doesn't make me feel like an idiot (at least, not very often. I've only had to go look up a couple of things, which isn't bad). It's a lot more technical than your average book for dummies, but it's also way better.

0 comments: