aqua fortis

Monday, August 30, 2004

Blast from the Past

The things one finds in boxes that have been buried in one's mother's house for years. Honestly. While unpacking one of said boxes, I ran across a notebook of my poetry (if you can call it that) from around age 14-16. While the majority of the notebook's contents consist of crap, angst, crappy angst, crappy bloody angst, and transcribed song lyrics (many of them also crappy), I also found that I apparently had a penchant for writing limericks. Some of these limericks are actually pretty funny, so I've decided to post them here, a few at a time, for your amusement. I will NOT be posting any of the other poetry. Suffice it to say that there was enough death and melodrama to last several lifetimes. Maybe this is why I'm no longer writing poetry...

Dated 10-23-91 (age 14)

A young Texan from Amarillo
Discovered a lump in his pillow
Its cover he rolled,
And lo! and behold,
Out popped a fat armadillo.

Yeah, yeah...Shakespeare it ain't. More soon.

0 comments: