aqua fortis

Friday, October 27, 2006

Forty-Eight Time-Wasting Questions.

Got this from Chris's blog. Apparently my procrastination has reached gargantuan proportions. And no, I don't know what happened to Question 34.

1. FIRST NAME?
Sarah

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I was almost named after a nun, in which case I would have been Stella. My middle name comes from my great-aunt.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Yesterday, when the chlorine started burning my eyeballs following a long swim at the gym pool. I really need to get goggles. Seriously.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, when I can bother to make it look tidy. Ironically, I did poorly at penmanship in grade school. Or maybe I just resented having to write out the Gettysburg Address a bunch of times.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Really thinly sliced roast beef, or leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Of course, bacon in a BLT is also pretty goddamn good. (Coincidentally, it's lunchtime right now.)

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I would probably find myself freakish and aggravating.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
I have blogs. I've kept journals on and off throughout my life, but always very poorly. This blog is the best I've ever done.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yup.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Probably not. I'm not a thrill-seeker. I don't even much like roller coasters.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Mmm...Cereal good...I like Cheerios and Raisin Bran, if we're going for major brands. Kashi also makes some tasty ones. Hot cereal's got it's place, too, on cold days...

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I try to buy as many shoes as possible that don't have laces, like the Skechers slip-on tennis shoes, because I'm lazy.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Well, I've been working out a lot lately. I look stronger.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Right now, mint chocolate chip. Or the pumpkin pie frozen yogurt at Yogurt Mill.

14. SHOE SIZE?
5.5 US

15. RED OR PINK?
Red. I loathe pink.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I waste huge amounts of potentially productive time worrying about all the shit I have to do and stressing that I won't be able to get it done. And then I waste a bunch of time comparing myself to other people who seem to be far more productive and accomplished than I am.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My friend Fumi, whom I'm missing in advance because she's probably going to leave for a medical residency program far, far away, and I fear that the hospital will suck her in without a trace.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
God, no. But if you put it on your blog and want me to read it, you can leave me a comment.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I'm wearing blue jeans, a brown shirt, and really goofy house slippers my mom gave me, which are black with grey applique cats on the top wearing leopard-print scarves.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Toast, coffee, and orange juice.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
A whirring laptop, an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Rob moving his ruler around a piece of paper as he makes a technical drawing.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I would be clear and gray, the school colors of the San Francisco Art Institute (I shit you not).

23. FAVORITE SMELL?
I like yummy food smells, like onions and garlic sauteeing or cookies baking. Hard to pinpoint a favorite. The smell of a not-too-distant ocean breeze.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
A recording asking me to vote for Proposition 84.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
Face; eyes; smile; overall build. If I'm actually talking to them, how intelligent I perceive them to be. (Yes, I am an intellectual snob.)

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
He's a peach. A very funny peach who drinks a lot of beer.

27. FAVORITE DRINK?
Non-alcoholic: Coffee or tea (iced or hot). Alcoholic: Since a couple of negative puking incidents with vodka gimlets, that one's been demoted, so I'll stick to good beer. I can't drink it fast enough to hurt myself. Currently in my fridge--Gordon Biersch Marzen.

28. FAVORITE SPORT?
Soccer (i.e. football), basketball

29. EYE COLOR?
Brown

30. HAT SIZE?
Umm...small?

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope.

32. FAVORITE FOOD?
Japanese or Italian

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
What kind of a choice is that?

35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter, definitely. Then again, I live in California, so this is basically like asking "100 degrees or 50 degrees?"

36. HUGS OR KISSES?
You better have a good reason for hugging OR kissing me, or else please don't touch.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Creme brulee is up there. So is the chocolate souffle at Mangia Mangia in Albany, CA, if it still exists.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
No clue. Somebody as prone to procrastination as I am, I would guess.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Anybody with legitimate things to do and the motivation to actually do them.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Maya Running by Anjali Banerjee; A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth (which I can guarantee you I'll probably still be reading in a year's time).

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I'm not currently using a mouse pad. Ha HA! Take that.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Whose Line Is It Anyway, MASH, and part of the EPL Review Show.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
My cat meowing, music that I really want to listen to right at that moment, and rain outside while I'm cozied up inside.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
Don't see why I have to choose, but if forced I guess I'll say Beatles.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
China, I guess, is the obvious winner, unless I wax metaphorical.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
Finding work that doesn't actually pay anything.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Glendale, Calif.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Procrastinatrix, The Mighty Goddess of Nonproductivity

1 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

I believe that Procrastinatrix has yet to truly draw a good enough supply of followers to have an organized worship, with priests and all ... I think that she's probably served by a part-time temp worker who also does the task for Anoia (goddess of things which stick in drawers). Sad, really, because both are so widely worshipped.