aqua fortis

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ha.

How can you not click on a news story whose headline is "Eeeeeewwwwwww"?

Head colds suck. My brain is only semi-functional today. I slept horribly because I couldn't breathe, so I was just lying there breathing through my increasingly dry open mouth and looking at the clock every half-hour.

Other than that, and the fact that while I lay awake I was stressing semi-consciously about some scheduling issues for this conference I'm helping organize, it was an okay day. I got a paycheck for my ongoing freelance job. And, I'm trying for another part-time freelance job doing fact-checking for the College Board. I was referred personally by someone I did fact-checking for about a year and a half ago, whose friend was looking for freelancers. I have to fact-check a test article first, adhering to their guidelines, but I get paid for my time taking the test, which is pretty awesome.

Okay, back to sitting on the couch, sniffling, and attempting to write a chapter of my novel.

0 comments: