aqua fortis

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Need RSS Feed Help!

Okay, here's a question for you computer-y types: I'm looking for a blog feed aggregator that will compile clippings from ALL my feeds, preferably organized into categories I specify, and e-mail them to me in a daily digest format.

I'm subscribed to Bloglines, and I like the way I can organize feeds into categories, and read them online, etc. I also like the way there's a little RSS notifier in Gmail. But what I really want--what I need to ensure that I actually get to everyone's blog postings--is a way to just get e-mailed that information. I don't want to use a notifier. I want one daily e-mail with clips and links. Does such a thing exist?

I looked around a bit, but could only find e-mail RSS aggregators that send you digests for individual blogs. I really don't want to log into a website every time I want to check for new blog postings. But if that's my only option, I'll have to get into the habit, I guess.

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

I'm hoping that you get notified when people post comments, 'cause this post's like way old & I'm just now getting to reading back issues of Aqua Fortis. That said, I believe that you might be able to use an FeedBlender to do what you're asking to do. Found it at EConsultant.com.

Sarah Stevenson said...

Thanks, D! (And yes, I do get notified of comments.) I may have to try that out, though I've started getting more used to checking Bloglines. I downloaded a Notifier which sits in the tray and checks Bloglines for new posts, and all I have to do is click on the tray icon to bring up the Bloglines window. It's not bad, but I'm just really, really lazy.

David T. Macknet said...

Apparently, Google Reader is something to check out as well. Just happened across it today, when I was looking for Google Trends, to "see what the world is searching for." To be creeped out that they track it, more like.