aqua fortis

Monday, May 11, 2009

Writer Seeks Agent/Editor – Must Love Satire

Fiction writer, female, age 30 – 35, likes young adult literature and long walks on the beach, seeks compatible literary agent or publishing professional for many fruitful years of fun and profit. Open to online correspondence. Long-distance relationships OK.

Me: Hardworking, willing to listen to criticism, learning to love revision and deal with my fear of rejection. Quirky sense of humor tempered by just a touch of cynicism. Have own query letter—it’s got some mileage on it, but it’s got a good solid hook. Willing to experiment beyond the vanilla—I’ve even been known to dabble in marketing. Inveterate blogger. Loves: literary fiction, YA novels, graphic novels, art, food, and traveling. Pet Peeves: long silences followed by impersonal, vague, or befuddling communiqués; constant negativity.

You: Looking to take a chance on somebody new. A diplomatic communicator, but also honest and experienced, and willing to share that experience. Patience and kindness are a decided plus, but I can handle it a little rough from time to time. Must have industry connections. Any age or gender OK (told you I was willing to experiment).

I won’t take no for an answer. Okay, I will, but if I have to sift through a thousand rejections before I find the one who says yes, I’ll do that, too. I know you’re out there. I’ll be looking.

P.S. Hope you’re OK with me sending out multiple submissions; it’s the least you can give me for not complaining about your multiple partners.

3 comments:

Jackie Parker said...

ha! Good luck!

Cicily Janus said...

Nice ad! I once wrote one from the standpoint of a rejection slip for agents. LOL. Yat-Yee turned me onto your blog. Great job here. If you're interested in mingling with some great agents and authors and editors, try out my retreat...writingawayretreats.com

GREAT agents, who are reading up to 10K of your MS before hand and giving you detailed crits, along with editors and authors. This October's agents include peeps from Sterling Lord, JaBberwocky Lit, Fairbank Lit. and Folio Lit. Editors from Red Hen Press (Owner) and Harper Perennial as well as author Signe Pike, who used to be an editor for Plume/viking/Penguin etc and is now pubbing a memoir of her own through Penguin and another author, probably AS King (YA Author) for the first session.

Let me know if you're interested. I've also got a few scholarship opportunities available on the site and more. Thanks again for your great blog and keep up the terrific work!!!

Yours,

Cicily

Sarah Stevenson said...

Very cool, Cicily--thanks for the tip and for stopping by! I'll definitely check out your site.