aqua fortis

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Life in Brief

Too busy. Life crazy. Here's a bullet-point summary of the couple of weeks since I last posted.

  • I freaking hate politics. This lengthy discussion demonstrates why quite nicely. Self-righteous at all? Nooooooo.
  • No tenemos tiempo de estudiar español. Therefore today's test will be crap, unlike last week's. Why, again, did we think this was a good idea?
  • I did not win this contest. Then last night I had a nightmare about the novel manuscript I'd sent to the contest. Bodes not well, but I'm still going to send out another query.
  • I hate it when I e-mail to ask for writer's guidelines and nobody bothers to reply.
  • I'm eating too much and not exercising enough. Although, to my credit, both days this weekend that we went out for giant meals, we didn't really eat much for dinner. Unfortunately, one of those meals (the Chinese New Year lunch) seemed to be MSG-laden because we both got headaches. Anyway, must go to gym tomorrow.
  • Romanesco CauliflowerOrganic Romanesco cauliflower = yum, once you rinse the tiny bugs off. We had never seen or eaten one of these before, but it was good in a frittata.
  • Soccer soccer soccer soccer.

So, yeah. More coherency is promised soon.

2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

You totally HAVE that Spanish thing down (and I felt a moment of pride that I just read the sentence you wrote at a gallop and translated automatically.).

I got mistaken for an Englishwoman the other morning by an Algerian grocery man... who upon hearing I'm from California shouted, "Obamaaaaaa!" much in the same way someone shouts "Goooooal!" at a soccer game. Stupid politics aside, that was freakin' hilarious.

I'm having nightmares, too, though mine seem to involve homicide-for-hire; in order to get published I have to kill someone for Steven.

I'm not sure if I should get less sleep, or more...

David T. Macknet said...

Spring is on its way, and with it comes renewed energy and (please, God) the desire to be active more and to eat less!