aqua fortis

Monday, August 20, 2007

Smack My Ass and Call Me Judy

I don't have a huge amount to say today, and in fact I wasn't going to post anything, except that I was randomly browsing blogs and blog links and found this. Imagine my surprise to find out I'm a finalist in not only one, but TWO categories for the Welsh Blog Awards 2007--Best Welsh American Blog and Best Welsh Learner Blog. (This, of course, is for my Welsh-language blog, Castell Tywod--that's "sand castle" for those not Welsh-literate). I remember hearing about the Welsh Blog Awards some time ago--I think I was e-mailed a notice letting me know I could nominate people--and then I promptly forgot all about it (as often happens when I get e-mailed things that aren't work-related. And sometimes things that ARE work-related). Next thing I know, it's August and I'm looking at a link someone sent to a mailing list I subscribe to, linking to the post about the final round, and I'm browsing the list thinking, jeez, I don't feel right about voting in the final round since I haven't been very good about reading other people's blogs lately and I haven't heard of half of the finalists, and then I get halfway down the post and go "errrrrr?"

1 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

If that's what makes you happy, Judy, you can find somebody else.