aqua fortis

Friday, August 04, 2006

Strange Brew

This is pretty funny. Upon reading it, I was flooded with a memory of actually trying "He-Brew." Rob and I had gotten tickets to Purim-Palooza at the Great American Music Hall because Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction fame was going to be spinning records as DJ Peretz. This was probably about six or seven years ago. Purim-Palooza turned out to be really cool...and a bit weird. Not knowing much about Jewish traditions, we stumbled into a costumed holiday. We saw outlandishly dressed audience members, Orthodox Jewish rappers, and much much more. And He-Brew. We felt very underdressed. Plus I think I was probably stoned, which is why I can't remember much more than that. My memories between 1997 and 2002 are a bit hazy on occasion. I do recall having to wait until the VERY END of all the other acts before DJ Peretz came on. And then he spun some really trippy shit and seemed like he was probably going to continue in that vein for hours on end, so, not being rave junkies (at ALL) we left at a fairly decent hour.

So, yeah. That's what reading that article made me think of.

0 comments: