aqua fortis

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Come on everybody, let's get ffff.......

I felt a bit older this morning, as I listened to the ending music for NPR's Morning Edition and realized that it was a jazzed-up instrumental version of Brass Monkey (you can listen to the clip if you click that link). I'm used to hearing random snippets of Beck on NPR, but the Beastie Boys? Even instrumental Beastie Boys? Does this mean I'll be hearing Muzak versions of Tool in the grocery store? Jazz arrangements of Nirvana in the dentist's office? What is the world coming to?

3 comments:

Chris Cope said...

Bah. The Beastie Boys have been washed up for years. NPR can have 'em.

writegrrrl said...

I think, sadly, I've already been subjected to jazz arrangements of Nirvana songs. I'll truly be horrified if I hear Muzak versions of Hole....

Sarah Stevenson said...

Ewww!! Hole! NOOOO!! That would be truly awful. Of course, I'm not a big Courtney Love fan, even though she did supposedly attend the SF Art Institute...